when everybody was healthy it would have worked.
2 RBs
1 FB
1 QB
1 C
2 G
2 T
1 TE
1 WR
1 K
1 KOR
1 POY
2 DE
2 DT
2 MLB
2 OLB
2 CB
2 S
1 P
1 PR
1 COY
Simple as that.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
when everybody was healthy it would have worked.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">With the line they had this year it wouldn't.. </div></div>
Heck 1/3 of the All Distrect 1st team OLine was from Burton if that bunch could not run it no one could [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]
JIB won based on the athletic ability of 2-3 players...and that was about it IMO.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 RBs
1 FB
1 QB
1 C
2 G
2 T
1 TE
1 WR
1 K
1 KOR
1 POY
2 DE
2 DT
2 MLB
2 OLB
2 CB
2 S
1 P
1 PR
1 COY
Simple as that. </div></div>
then do the positions for 2nd team and Honorable mention...and that'd be it. And don't list HM as every player left on the board...give it to the one with 3rd most votes.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Your very wrong it takes more than 2-3 players to win football games it takes a team.
I agree sup-rbeast.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2 RBs
1 FB
1 QB
1 C
2 G
2 T
1 TE
1 WR
1 K
1 KOR
1 POY
2 DE
2 DT
2 MLB
2 OLB
2 CB
2 S
1 P
1 PR
1 COY
Simple as that. </div></div>
then do the positions for 2nd team and Honorable mention...and that'd be it. And don't list HM as every player left on the board...give it to the one with 3rd most votes. </div></div>
I agree with all mentioned above. That should be the way it's done.
[IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]
Mikell Rose should have been a first team selection on the o-line or d-line. That's really my only critique.
It is hard to fail, but it is worse never to have tried to succeed.
-Teddy Roosevelt
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 722</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I agree sup-rbeast.</div></div>
I'll disagree. Norton didn't have the O-Line to run a power kind of game but the linemen were very effective in holding the block long enough to give the skill players the edge. That became very evident when we played CW. we needed to be able to move people. We still had the skill positons but CW just matched our line play perfect. a TEAM win and loses together. could we have ran the bone and moved players out of the way? more times than not but we run the type of game we have people for.
I've said it many times. When I played we were in the wrong offense to suit what we had and we were a bottom dweller. When the team changed the style of play to suit our personel then we started to build something in the early 90's
[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]
Bookmarks